Kid Fit Class - ages 6-11
June 17th - July 31st
Mondays and Wednesdays from 1030am - 11:15am
This class makes fitness fun. We will play fitness games and do basic drills and skills for speed and agility. Any level welcome.
Whole Program - 12 classes - $49
Any 6 classes - $29
Drop In - $10
Weightlifting and Sports Performance - Ages 12 and Up
June 17th - Aug. 14th
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
This class will get your son or daughter in the physical shape needed to compete in sports. Teach proper lifting techniques and safety. Improve strength, speed, agility, and power. The goal is to give them the tools to train for life and the strength and speed for highschool and college sports.
Cost - Whole Program - 23 classes - $139
10 classes - $89
5 classes - $49
Drop In - $15
Multiple siblings will save 15%
Here are some links to help with some of the fundamental lifts and Movements
USAW Olympic Lifts - http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Weightlifting/Weightlifting101/Instructional-Videos.aspx
Muscle Up -
Over Head Squat
Mobility - Lower Body
Teen Speed and Conditioning Summer Camp
THERE IS NO OFF SEASON - NEXT SEASON STARTS TODAY
VICTORY COMES TO THOSE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE
*Burt (BJ) Beauchamp is a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, Level 1 Certified CrossFit Coach, USA Weightlifting Certified Coach, NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist, NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist, ViPR Certified, and KettleBell Concept Certified.
*The classes will focus on speed, power, agility, coordination, endurance, flexibility, and sports specific skills to prepare them for upcoming sports this year.
*Every Saturday at 3:00 pm and Sunday at 12:00 pm for approximately 60 minutes
*Henry Ford High School Track (if it rains we will go to CrossFit Edge to train)
only $50 FOR 15 CLASSES
6/21 - 3 PM
6/22 - NOON
6/28 - 3PM
6/29 - NOON
7/5 - 3PM
7/6 - OFF
7/12 - 3 PM
7/13 - NOON
7/19 - OFF
7/20 - NOON
7/26 - 3PM
8/2 - 3 PM
8/3 - NOON
8/9 - 1 PM - At CrossFit Edge
8/10 - NOON- HFII
8/16 - 1 PM - At CrossFit Edge
8/17- Noon - HFII
8/23 - 1pm - At Crossfit Edge
8/24 - Noon - HFII
We are going to start using the scheduling option on Mind Body. This allows you to reserve a spot in the classes and stay more accountable to coming to them. We will help anyone having trouble signing in at the box but here is a quick intro. Please log on and play around with it. Thanks
1. Go to www.mindbodyonline.com
2. Go to log in
3. Search Edge 94
4. Go to new to our site and type in your name
5. Click "This is me button"
6. Answer verification question.
7. Set up account and password.
8 Once in the site select "CrossFit Classes" and start registering for the classes you would like to come to. If there isn't a tome slot for the class then go to the closest time to that and register.
WOD schedule for next couple weekends... PLEASE READ!!! We will be off site and closed for a few days for USAW Cert., Memorial Day and 5 K Run !!!
Saturday May 24th - WOD is OFFSITE and combined for only ONE WOD that day. 8am and 10:30 am are both Cancelled and rescheduled for 9am-10:30 am. We will most likely be at IKE high school or somewhere close. More details to follow
Sunday May 25th - WOD is OFFSITE at 10:30 am - noon. We will most likely be at IKE high school or somewhere close. More details to follow as well.
Monday May 26th - Memorial Day - We will be holding OPEN GYM for "MURPH" that day. Please come sweat for our fallen soldiers! Open "Murph" will be from 9am-NOON it takes about an hour to complete. There will be NO OTHER CLASSES that day!
Saturday May 31st - ALL CLASSES ARE CANCELLED - PLEASE COME RUN THE 5 K with us. Get signed up online or in the box. Support Trinity Community Care https://www.facebook.com/icare4healthcare5k
Our Second Paleo challenge will start 5/2/2014 following our Paleo Wild Tree Party and go through 6/1/2014. Below are the ground rules. We will be posting recipes and questions on the Facebook members page or in the comments section on the website.
Remember this is a CHALLENGE... NOT a diet. Your goal is not to restrict calories or not eat. Your goal is to eat GOOD food the way we were intended to eat. GOOD LUCK!!
Paleo in a Nutshell: Meat, vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, and NO sugar! Basically if you cant KILL IT or GROW IT you CANT EAT IT!!!
Ground Rules for Eating Paleo:
-Just because these foods are not part of the diet, you don’t have to banish them from life forever, but you should try to avoid them most of the time!
1. All the meats, fish, and seafood you can eat (i.e. skinless turkey breast, shrimp, salmon, crab, lean pork tenderloin, sirloin, chicken breast, flank steak, pork chops, bacon, bacon, bacon!!!) Organic is always best
2. All the non-starchy vegetables you can eat (NO white potatoes or corn!! Sweet potatoes, broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, green beans are all okay)
3. No GLUTEN or Processed Carbs - beer, cereals, oats, rice, or pasta ect
4. No legumes (NO beans, peanuts, peanut butter)
5. No dairy products
6. No processed foods or artificial sweeteners (Center Aisle of the Grocery Store)
7. Limited Fruit
8. Drink Plenty of Water!!
***The biggest thing to remember is to eat just the foods you can hunt and gather at your supermarket. When shopping for Paleo stay to the outside of your grocery store. AVOID the inner aisle of all the processed foods. Make sure you drink LOTS of water !!!!
- MEALS: You should eat animal food at almost every meal. You must eat fruits and vegetables, too. If protein-dense food is your main source of calories you will get sick because your body can’t handle this much diluted protein without something else, either fat or carbohydrates. You should eat every 3-4 hours and each meal should have a Protein, Veggie, and Fat
-NUTS: Nuts are rich in calories. If you’re trying to lose weight, you should eat only about 4 ounces of them a day. The best nuts to eat are almonds, brazil nuts, cashew, chestnuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, pine nuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and walnuts. NO PEANUTS
- FRUIT: Try to limit my fruits to one to two , because they are so high in sugars. Try to stick with green apples, strawberries, blueberries, raspberry, or blackberry.
- VEGGIES - As many as you want!!! Should be around 6-8 servings a day
-OILS/FATS: extra virgin olive oil, flaxseed oil, canola oil (when eating out ), coconut oil, walnut oil, Organic non salted butter, avocados, Nut butters.
- SUPPLEMENTS - POST WORKOUT PROTEIN POWDER will be allowed for the challenge, also we recommend a good Fish Oil, multi vitamin, and Probiotic.
-FOODS IN MODERATION:
*Stevia or Truvia
*Beverages (coffee, tea, red wine (8 oz glasses a day. Organic is best. NOT FOR WEIGHTLOSS.)
* Gluten Free Beer or Cider (12 oz per day. NOT FOR WEIGHTLOSS)
*Paleo sweets (dried fruits no more than 2 oz a day)
- Coconut Milk and Almond Milk
AGAIN DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!!!
Here is an in detail guide beyond what is written
If you need any help please feel free to ask!!!